Connecting Pi Zero W to internet for package install

Posted by sulecen 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Connecting Pi Zero W to internet for package install
September 08, 2018 08:55PM
Hi all,

First time posting, and though this is my second piratebox I'm still a bit of a novice. I've search a bunch for the answer to this but haven't been able to find anything. How can you connect the pi zero W piratebox to the internet to get new packages? I do have a raspberry pi 3b+ that I could stick the SD card into but I belive I read that wouldn't be compatible and would be unable to boot. What I'm ultimately trying to do is get a file explorer like ranger on the Pi and NTFS support for an external hard-drive. Any advice would be really appreciated!
Re: Connecting Pi Zero W to internet for package install
September 20, 2018 11:04AM
Hi,
the temporary client mode should help you with getting your Pi0W to your home network.

External NTFS drives aren't officially supported by PirateBox. If it is no big deal, use ext4 - only if you do not want to use the device under Windows later.

It might be recommended to follow this howto to solve problems withlow disk space errors.

best regards Matthias