Update My Install

Posted by daveyman123 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Update My Install
March 05, 2019 01:57AM
Hello guys,

I can only assume that I am on the latest version of piratebox because I just installed it using the image on the guide (https://piratebox.cc/raspberry_pi:diy)...

Now to the point: I would like to update the time of my clock in piratebox. It seems to be off. it is saying it is 2018. lol

I would also like to know if any of you fellas know how to get a Nighthawk AC7000 to work with this setup?

Thanks for any replies,
Daveyman
Re: Update My Install
March 05, 2019 02:26AM
whenever I run sudo pacman -Syu
I get the following except about 10-20 pages worth of this:
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/extra.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/community.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/alarm.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/alarm.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/aur.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/sync/aur.db: Unrecognized archive format
there is nothing to do

I tried to ping www.google.com and it seems to work. Which is strange because it works whenever I am not hooked up to internet. I have no ethernet available I should also mention.
March 05, 2019 02:38AM
I found this solution. However, it doesnt work for me because I have no ethernet available.

sudo rm /etc/resolv.conf
sudo sh -c 'echo "nameserver 8.8.8.8" > /etc/resolv.conf '
March 11, 2019 07:38PM
The time is restored from disk, because the cheap one chip computer do not have a realtime clock (too expensive).

for setting the time.. the easiest way is to enter date and time in the following format:
sudo date -s "20170523 1742"

and then wait 10 minutes... to be sure it was saved.