[Solved]Problem with mr3020 ssh

Posted by thiago907 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
[Solved]Problem with mr3020 ssh
May 12, 2016 05:43PM
Hi guys, just installed piratebox on my mr3020 and after remove usb drive i'm not able to connect ... after reading the troubleshooting page (https://piratebox.cc/openwrt:troubleshooting) i try the 'failsafe mode' i can ping 192.168.1.1 but i cant use telnet (i'm already active ssh) and when i try connect with ssh it says my password is incorrect and i'm pretty sure it right... is there a way to reset so i start over again?

hope you understand my english

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2016 08:16PM by thiago907.
Re: Problem with mr3020 ssh
May 12, 2016 06:13PM
In failsafe mode, you need to use "telnet".
Don't remove the USB stick from the piratebox, because it is your data storage! Those two pieces are bound together like with glue...

Matthias
May 16, 2016 02:21PM
Hi Matthias thanks for the fast reply

Well... the problem is i can't connect to my piratebox anymore... i assume that is a dhcp problem? after looking on troubleshooting page, i think reflash would be that best answer, then i've to use failsafe mode right?

following the steps

1 - Connect the MR3020 to your computer via Ethernet. OK
2 - Set up your of the computer to 192.168.1.2 OK
3 - Start to ping 192.168.1.1 (this is the failsave IP) infinitive OK
4 - Power the MR3020 on and when the WPS Button starts to blink , push it (it will blink faster) OK
5 - You see the ping getting response OK
6 - telnet 192.168.1.1 FAIL

when i try to use putty with telnet i keep getting this message

PuTTY Falta Error
Network error: Connection refused

it only works with ssh option ... what i'm doing wrong?
May 29, 2016 07:30AM
in failsafe mode only telnet is active. You may need to disable your wifi connection before attempting to connect. If your homenetwork is in the same IP range (192.168.1.x), then you usually try to contact your router instead of the piratebox.

This is only my signature.
July 19, 2016 08:15PM
So... i figured out what i was doing wrong

I wasnt using infinite ping... that why i couldnt connect using telnet, my mistake

Everything is working fine now smiling smiley

Again, thanks Matthias
Re: [Solved]Problem with mr3020 ssh
November 27, 2016 05:38PM
Is there a way to reset ssh password, I definitely forgot the password.... ;(
Re: [Solved]Problem with mr3020 ssh
November 27, 2016 08:31PM
If you do end up forgetting a password, just remove USB from the device, stick it back into PC/Mac/etc .. remove the piratebox stuff (or save it if you think there is something worth while). Put the original install folder back, put back into device and processed w/ install. One thing to note is you need to wait for it to unpack on first boot - I didn't do this and I had to start over again. You will know when all lights go green and you can telnet in.