Sucessfully Flashed Bufflao WZR-600DHP

Posted by damavox 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Sucessfully Flashed Bufflao WZR-600DHP
September 16, 2013 03:30PM
Heres what i did to flash the buffalo wzr-600dhp

downloaded and flashed dd-wrt for the wzr-600 using the "buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin" file found on this [www.dd-wrt.com] page

From there i tried to ssh in but could not get it working nor could i get winscp working either. Also i could not flash any other firmware labeled wzr-600dhp either. So then i noticed that the above mentioned dd-wrt firmware labeled my router as the wzr-hp-ag3000h in the webGUI

After noticing what my router was now labeled as i went to this [dd-wrt.com] page and dowlned the file labeled as "wzr-hp-ag300h-dd-wrt-webupgrade-MULTI.bin" and used the webGUI to upgrade.

After the flash/upgrade was complete i was able to ssh in and follow the instructions for flashing openwrt using putty's wget and mtd-r write commands found in the openwrt wiki for the wzr-600dhp.

Once all that was completed the Piratebox was sucessfully installed.
Re: Sucessfully Flashed Bufflao WZR-600DHP
September 27, 2013 06:26PM
Piratebox should work on any router that has at least one usb port and supports OpenWrt.
October 06, 2013 12:38AM
actually no, for example, the MR3420 v.2.2 will not run piratebox.. the reason for my above post is bc in the past i have seen several post about how to flash openwrt onto the wzr-600dhp but i haven't seen any success with it. So i decided to post to let people know it is possible with the right steps taken. Essentially turning the wzr-600dhp into the wzr-hp-ag300h, since after all they have the same motherboard and very small differences in the outer casing.
October 06, 2013 09:55AM
I still say "yes piratebox should run with every well supported OpenWRT router and a USB Port.
If there are currently incompatibilities with trunk images, we have to do some changes on the piratebox-scripts to fix that.

btw: I can't find any MR3240 ; did you mean MR3420 ?
October 07, 2013 02:29AM
yes, typo on my part will edit