Piratebox installation failed at "loading interfaces"

Posted by Dodl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Piratebox installation failed at "loading interfaces"
October 03, 2013 05:09PM
So I arrived at the last step (16) at the tutorial from Pabell, my problem now:

I started the installation of piratebox, but it stopped at "Loading interfaces", and putty gave out: "Fatal conecction error"
At that point I saw the pirate box in my wirelessconnections. But it didn't work, so I plugged out the USB stick, and formatted it, that might have been dumbˆˆ.
How do I remove the software from the mr3020, to try to install pirate box again?
Re: Piratebox installation failed at "loading interfaces"
October 04, 2013 06:52AM
Yeah, taking the USB stick and simply reformat it is the dumpest thing you can do.

Reflashing without USB Stick
Flashing with USB Stick
October 04, 2013 07:54AM
I think I had the same problem kinda..
Piratebox had an error loading but my mr3040 was showing the Piratebox wifi network.
I to unplugged the usb driver and reformatted it, thinking I could just reinstall piratebox. but then I could not access my 3040.
But then I got the 3040 into safemode and redid the vi /etc/config/network and the thing came back to life
But every time I try to reinstall Piratebox, it never works
October 04, 2013 09:02AM
If Dodl used trunk image, maybe yes - if not, it is a different problem

if you have a mr3020 use not trunk images
October 04, 2013 09:50AM
Thank you very much, that worked, so I did all the network configs and so forth again via ssh.
And started the installation of piratebox, but now again, after "Loading interfaces" nothing happend. I waited about an hour or so.

What do you mean by "trunk images"? I used the pabell installation guide. Only changed the version of the pirate box software from 0.5.1 to the new one.

Seems like he can't find any interfaces. What can I do to fix that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2013 10:03AM by Dodl.
October 04, 2013 10:22AM
which imagelink did u use for you openwrt?
October 04, 2013 11:26AM
openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3020-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

this one.

I played around a bit with the pirate box, and it seems to work, I can enter the Wifi, and chat and share data. Although I didn't get the installation complete message as mentioned in pabells guide.
I'm a bit confused, but wanna say thank you for all your work you are doing here at the forum.

Great job.
October 04, 2013 01:01PM
where did you download the image?

Gerne geschehen smiling smiley Wäre trotzdem gut zu wissen, was für eine url du hattest um herauszufinden woher das problem kommt.
My issue is I followed your instructions off your blog, I get to opkg update && install [pirate]....

But then I get multiple dependencies and it can't load 0.6.3
I'm using a mr3040 and it's got V2 image.

Any ideas
October 21, 2013 06:04PM
Hi,
you get the multiple dependency issues, because you are using a trunk image. Trunk images are often rebuild (because they are development versions), which causes that in some situations the image-file itselfe is out-of-sync with the packages in the repository. You haven't done anything wrong.

I rebuild/packaged the current trunk-image into a custom version containing the modules where you got the dependency issue. If you want to, you can try this one: [stable.openwrt.piratebox.de]

To do the firmware upgrade on your MR3040, run the following commands, while having internet access

Language: PHP
cd /tmp wget http://stable.openwrt.piratebox.de/trunk/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin mtd -r write openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-mr3040-v2-squashfs-factory.bin firmware
After that, the device automatically reboots and then you have to reconfigure your notebooks IP and start over with the howto doing the step with "telnet 192.168.1.1"

besr regards
Matthias