Piratebox Hotfix release 1.0.6 is online

Posted by Matthias 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Piratebox Hotfix release 1.0.6 is online
October 01, 2015 04:40PM
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to announce, that we release 1.0.6 today.
It is a tiny release, but I just had time to fix that very ugly bug on the shoutbox.

* [Fix] Styling of the upload box iframe was quite ugly.

You find this list, like away, on our Changelog.

The new files & images are uploaded.

best regards
Matthias

This is only my signature.
Re: Piratebox Hotfix release 1.0.6 is online
October 04, 2015 08:16AM
Hi Matthias,

If we haved a piratebox 1.0.3 that works, we need to follow the upgrade section of this page: is that correct?
I don't understand why we have to do the openwrt part, and not just change the piratebox folder on the usb stick...

Thanks again for all your work and time.

Best
October 06, 2015 05:10PM
Hi Meaz,
during 1.0.4 - 1.0.6 we didn't changed the OpenWrt stuff, to be honest.

What you can do is download this file piratebox_ws_1.0_img.tar.gz and exchange it in your install folder on the USB stick.
After that, boot the PirateBox as normal, login as root via ssh and run the following commands
/etc/init.d/piratebox stop
/etc/init.d/piratebox updatePB
/etc/init.d/piratebox start

After that, the content is replaced and correctly initialized. All changes made in opt/piratebox will be deleted, too.

I'm always writing about the update procedure, because a lot of the audience don't know about their version numbers. Before they bring the box in a situation, where they can't get in anymore I refer to the general update guid. What happens if someone runs those scripts, where the versions don't fit? Mostly, the DHCP server does not start, which is the most common pitfall for normal users.

Matthias

October 17, 2015 07:18AM
Hi Matthias,

thanks for the procedure, it works like a charm! It took me a couple of minutes only...

Best
January 05, 2016 09:39AM
Same Here.. working nice. But..it is working nice in my google chrome web browser but in my second computer I am using Window explore edge still not refreshing, when I am using both computer at the same time.

when I send a text from my second computer (edge) I cant see it in it because is not refreshing, but the text can be see on my first computer (Google Chrome) right away with up refreshing,

Thanks Hector
January 05, 2016 09:51AM
Hector, are you using the latest version 1.0.6 of the PirateBox?

January 05, 2016 02:46PM
Hi Matthias

Yes, I installed the 1.0.6 on My MR3040 last night.

I will be glad to send any information that you request, if guide me to get it for you. Like I said, I am no not a programmer, I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Hector
It would be nice to update chat at the time of adding chat messages.
with refresh timer there are some delay .

with refresh timer there are some delay .
Sorry my bad!
Actually this python (psowrte.py) script loads the CPU and because of this delay.
January 12, 2016 12:16PM
Hi,
we are currently perparing 1.0.7 release, which will bring a slightly improvement for this.

Matthias