Belkin F5D8231-4 compatability

Posted by ghoulishblade 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Belkin F5D8231-4 compatability
August 14, 2011 04:32PM
I am planning on building a pirate box for use in my new apartment and to cut cost I am tying to use hardware I have accumulated over the years to build it. My main concern is will my Belkin F5D8231-4 work for this project? I looked extensively through the compatibility and incompatibility list and found no mention of my router either way. I also intend to use my 320 GB seagate external HDD and an old military ammo box for a case. Does anyone have any more advice that could help me shave a few dollars off the cost?
Thanks in advance,
Ghoulish

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2011 06:20PM by ghoulishblade.
Re: Belkin F5D8231-4 compatability
August 14, 2011 10:51PM
Ok after opening my router up I believe it won't work. [www.dd-wrt.com] says that it won't work if it has a TI chipset and I see a chip with the Texas instruments logo on it. So unless I am mistaken or the newest release will allow it to work I am probably going to have to buy one. I know the thread about the newest release said it doesn't have to be dd-wrt compatible anymore if you are useing mac or linux however since I am new to this if anyone can provide details on it in layman's terms the support would be greatly appreciated.