Installing PirateBox 1.0 on Ubuntu Server

Posted by cainram 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Installing PirateBox 1.0 on Ubuntu Server
June 28, 2016 08:30PM
Hi!

I'm just now finding out about PirateBox and I'm very interested in setting it up on a laptop running Ubuntu server (or Debian or whatever is recommended). I've looked through the tutorials and packages available and I just can't find anything more recent than 0.3-1. Getting everything installed and up and running won't be an issue for me, I just can't find the right package or tarball. What am I missing?

I tried the LiveUSB method and it worked great but I'm really most interested in the forum functionality and that is not available on that particular version.

Thanks in advance!
Re: Installing PirateBox 1.0 on Ubuntu Server
June 29, 2016 06:30PM
-_-
[piratebox.cc]

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)
June 29, 2016 06:39PM
Narf! Thanks so much. I may be coming down with a case of the rabies. I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks again.
June 30, 2016 03:26AM
No problem!
So what are we going to do tomorrow night? The same thing we do every night Pinkey, try to take over the world!

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)