Map of Pirateboxes

Posted by muhackl 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Map of Pirateboxes
December 09, 2016 02:44PM
Hi,
I recently found out about the Piratebox project and love the idea. At once set up 3 Pirateboxes (Zsun TP-Link, Raspberry Pi) - all working fine. I'd love the idea that many people would share files just to see replies or get similar files (e.g. pictures) from other users.
But how can someone find Pirateboxes around? Is there a map? A Piratebox finder app? Or do I need a special Pirate Sense to find other Pirateboxes? How can I make my Piratebox be found and used?

Many thanks and best regards
Muhackl
Re: Map of Pirateboxes
December 10, 2016 09:07AM
Hello,

there used to be a map of available PirateBoxes, but as far as I know it went down and is not available any more.
If you have anything in mind, you would be more than welcome to contribute in this front.

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!
December 20, 2016 04:20PM
You can find a few PirateBoxes under [deaddrops.com] - search for wireless drops

Matthias
December 29, 2016 04:53PM
I didn't know they also show PirateBoxes. I learned something new smileys with beer

Ubuntuhak, playing and tinkering with Ubuntu!