Can we have an ethernet connection to internet AND a wifi connection to the Pirate box in the same time?

Posted by ValouV 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Hi,

I would like to know how can we have an internet connection by ethernet and, in the same time, a connexion with the pirate box on WiFi?
(And disable the automatic redirection to the captive portal!)

Thanks
Yes, you need to connect to piratebox' wifi using a static IP address without Gateway & DNS entry.

best regards Matthias
Thanks,

I've tried this options but, in fact, I would like to have my "Raspberry Pi Zero W Pirate Box" as an wifi access point and, in the same time, have an internet access on my computer by ethernet connection.

Actually, I haven't internet via ethernet when I'm connected to the pirate box by wifi..

best regards

Valentin
Then you did the wifi connection wrong.

best regards Matthias
ValouV Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Raspberry Pi Zero W Pirate Box" as an
> wifi access point and, in the same time, have an
> internet access on my computer by ethernet
> connection.
~
> Valentin
Yes, just be sure your DNS on your PC takes priority over what is on the piratebox (as mathis said, when you connect to the piratebox via wifi, change your wifi's IP to a static one and remove the DNS entree or make it the same as your ethernet DNS & Gateway).
As I believe you are asking you want to connect to the piratebox from your PC via wifi
AND
connect your pc to your home router/internet via ethernet.
correct?

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)