My first actual use. [story]

Posted by TheExpertNoob 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
My first actual use. [story]
September 25, 2017 12:34AM
So I took this with me to a local gamer's gathering. (zsun) and boy was it a hit! I loaded it up with amiibo binaries and an apk to simulate HCE (host card emulation) as well as cheat codes and some smaller PC games (Halo CE, Wolfenstein,. Medal of Honor, Mech Commander games, ect) Some guys had the idea to use it to host game updates/ game servers. I replied it didnt have that kind of power, but I got to thinking, I have an old mini-ATX board that could be use as a larger piratebox server. I had branded it with the convention's logo and had gotten permission to use it there. It seemed to handle 30 users rather well at one point. I did have some issues with too many people trying to upload screenshots to the forums at once resulting in corrupt images and DLNA not working on some devices (only seemed to show up on xbox ones and not PC (WMP)). I may be back in the scene soon to help test out new releases.

PirateBox Installs:
2x Zsun's (both testing, one with serial interface)
A5-V11 (mostly for OpenWRT testing DIY)
2x RPi Zero's
(one active in car 24/7, gets a lot of hits at Walmart, movie theaters and the mall)
2x RPi3's (both home servers, one Ubuntu custom install along side a ton of other services)
1x RPi2 (currently work server)