Wiki: 'Upgrade 1.0 PirateBox' what about the previous files on the USB key ?

Posted by Comap89 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Wiki: 'Upgrade 1.0 PirateBox' what about the previous files on the USB key ?
December 14, 2017 07:20AM
There are some things not obvious to me in the page: [piratebox.cc]

Can we use the same USB Key (with the old files and folders of PirateBox) for upgrading ?

Do we need to remove the folders 'external_fs' and 'install' ? if so, when ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2017 07:21AM by Comap89.
Re: Wiki: 'Upgrade 1.0 PirateBox' what about the previous files on the USB key ?
December 14, 2017 06:46PM

Can we use the same USB Key (with the old files and folders of PirateBox) for upgrading ?
Yes, you during the upgrade, necessary files are overwritten. You can reuse the old USB stick for sure.

Do we need to remove the folders 'external_fs' and 'install' ? if so, when ?
My recommendation is to remove the install folder before you copy over the new one. (replace not overwrite). external_fs should stay and is re-initialized during installation.

Thanks for putting so much love into the wiki!

Matthias
Re: Wiki: 'Upgrade 1.0 PirateBox' what about the previous files on the USB key ?
December 16, 2017 06:49AM
Ah, I remembered one thing:

It is recommended to delete the install.log file to have a proper fresh logfile if something goes wrong during the installation.
December 19, 2017 05:23AM
I have add that to this wiki page : "b) If this is the same USB flash drive running on your PirateBox:" ...