How safe is the PirateBox against attacks? Exposing PirateBox to the internet.

Posted by JamesBond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
How safe is the PirateBox against attacks? Exposing PirateBox to the internet.
February 27, 2019 03:11PM
Once i set up an ssh honeypot which got a huge amount of traffic. I had that in mind when i started looking into the PirateBox. I like to use the Piratebox as an anonymous file drop/forum/chat exposed to the internet. So i could disable the Wifi and run on ethernet alone. The only worry i have, apart from the content issue which somehow i will need to get control over, is when i forward port 80 on my router to the PirateBox, how sure will i be that the PirateBox will not be used as a attack vector for the rest of my network.
So my question is: How safe is PirateBox against web-attacks?

James.
Re: How safe is the PirateBox against attacks? Exposing PirateBox to the internet.
March 11, 2019 07:11PM
Hi,
first of all: all this ssh traffic on Port 22 are only bots. Same will happen to you after exposing port 80, there are a huge amount of bots testing for vulnerabilities and deploying their code.

I am not aware of a bug which can cause trouble, which does not mean that there are no. Especially the imageboard is pretty old, so it can have known bugs with potential to be expoited.

Matthias