Just a few Questions

Posted by OCybress 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Just a few Questions
February 08, 2011 10:26AM
First I love this project,

second I have most of the part's to make this project happen I'm currently working with a Belkin Play F7D4302v1 with dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega.bin installed on it "works great" now I don't have the Dockstar nor can I afford one at this point and time. "I know it says to use OpenWRT but its not supported on my router"

Current Parts I have right now

Belkin Play F7D4302v1
any size usb hard drive. or pendrive.
pretty much anything els cept the dock star.

Can this be done on this setup without the Dockstar? if so id like to know what commands i need for the ssh and to put all this together.

Thanks
OCybress.

:Been dipping back into the tux swing of things facerolling my keyboard to possibly jog my memory of the inner workings of linux... I think my head is bleeding. Anyway I think I might have a handle on this one. I did write a few tutorials for grub and lilo bootloaders, and kernel panics and such, for Backtrack 2 and 3beta/ubuntu back in the day. maybe I'll revisit those. any help is still appreciated but if I get it working I will make a tutorial on how to do it with my setup with DD-WRT stead of OpenWRT and no dockstar "sigh".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2011 12:54PM by OCybress.
Re: Just a few Questions
February 08, 2011 03:30PM
>Can this be done on this setup without the Dockstar?

umm dude, its been answered before

[wiki.daviddarts.com]
February 08, 2011 08:25PM
While it's not a standalone solution, you could use your laptop/computer to run the python scripts and then use the DD-WRT router to establish the network and redirect traffic to your laptop...
February 09, 2011 12:31AM
I understand the laptop deal Davo iv read it. thats not what im wanting to do.

Darts, I'm pretty much trying for the standalone .. but it would just be like installing piratebox directly to the Buffalo router. exept it would be with Belkin play and dd-wrt.

sorry if my question before was not correctly asked it was 4am.