[SOLVED] A New Problem

Posted by Ebicoustic 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
[SOLVED] A New Problem
June 09, 2011 10:50PM
So Matthias came out with a script for PirateBox Buffalo version so we could have the integrated chat option. I hadn't booted up my PirateBox in about 2 weeks and pulled it out to do some changing of scripts. When I first booted it up when I connected it would not redirect me and it seemed to be acting weird. So I went into putty and 192.168.1.1 to see what was going on. I changed my IP address to a static IP so I could access the OpenWRT Page but I couldn't access it just like I normally did, and this method has worked before. So I went into putty and connect fine with ssh root@192.168.1.1 and had access to the router with no problem. I decided since the router was acting "wonky" that I'd just re-install PirateBox onto it no problem, there was a few settings I wanted to mess with anyway to see if I could monitor the bandwidth that I and so many others have been experiencing. So I issued the delete overlay command and it took that fine but when I went to enter the next two codes it came up with an error that it could not be found. so what the heck, maybe something happened where t stopped itself? Hey anything is possible lol, so I moved forward to sysupgrade the router to the stock wzr firmware and it gave me an error the site could not be found and that the package was not the right one and just would not accept it. So I decided to download the files and make a .bin out of it and try it that way. Again the router via telnet on Putty refused to accept the file existed and that it was wrong and yada yada yada. So I then made it a .tar.gz file to try and "restore" the settings and again same freaking message. Needless to say at this point I am fuming mad at this little black box. I cannot access the openwrt page, I cannot do anything through putty except access the darn thing and am stuck at this issue. If someone could help me to figure out what to do next I'd appreciate it much. I have no idea why it just has stopped working on me...I'm very confused about the whole thing. Thanks again guys and or gals!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2011 12:49AM by Ebicoustic.
Re: A New Problem
June 10, 2011 04:59AM
Hi,
I'm sorry, that my scripts have made trouble for your. I had not considered, that the interfaces a typically called differently on a standard openwrt.
I think, there should be some options tweak, that it runs smoothly. (I'll put an Notice on my page until it is fixed!!)

So, back to your problem:
Did you add my scripts to run on default?
Since you set the root password once, telnet is disabled
Try to reflash it via tftp

My first ideas on early morning...

Matthias
(BTW: on the next days i'm not at home, so next week I'll have enough time for helping you, sorry)
June 10, 2011 05:35AM
Oh, I didn't even get the chance to mess around with your scripts so it's not a problem with that at all. This has randomly happened before I could even do anything. My piratebox randomly just started doing this before I got the chance to do anything with it.
June 10, 2011 05:39AM
I hadn't used it in awhile and decided to try and figure out how to run it with the new scripts and when I turned it on (before any changes) the PirateBox started encountering the problems stated previously. If I can get the router fixed then I can try the new scripts but for some reason unbeknownst to me it just isn't working. If and/or when I get it working I will test out those scripts you uploaded and post the results, but gotta figure out what's going on with the router itself. I have tried TFTP to flash the router firmware back to the original WZR firmware but TFTP will not recognize the router. Nothing recognizes the router except putty which is really weird to me. Anyways if anyone has any ideas please, let me know. Thanks!
June 10, 2011 05:41AM
Also, I apologize if I didn't make that clear, I didn't mean to cause any stir regarding your scripts and I cannot wait to try them out! smiling smiley
June 15, 2011 05:38PM
I still haven't been able to fix this issue, if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thanks!
June 18, 2011 12:48AM
So I was able to solve the issue. After much "fiddling around" with my router I was finally able to SSH into the router using
ssh root@ 192.168.1.1
after getting into the router via putty I was able to access the OpenWRT page at
http://192.168.1.1
Using the WebGUI interface I was able to flash the stock OpenWRT to the router and reset everything and re-install PirateBox via the DIY wiki.

So 12 hours of work later I have my piratebox working again.