Upload Feature Issues

Posted by Jpd3x 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Upload Feature Issues
March 15, 2015 09:45PM
Hi!

I'm having issues with the upload applet of my fresh PB install. In chrome, I get the script error "frowny page" and users can't uplaod files. Any ideas?

Thanks
Joe
Re: Upload Feature Issues
March 16, 2015 07:30AM
Hi,
can I get a screenshot please? Never heard of such a message...

regards Matthias
March 19, 2015 08:17AM
[imgur.com]

First image shows right after page loads, looks Ok. Had to change the hostname in the index.html file...

Second and Third show the two different screens I may get. I'm thinking Droopy isn't being configured correctly, or maybe a folder permission issue?

Thanks
Joe
March 19, 2015 03:49PM
Hi!
Got the same problem! Any idea?
[imgur.com]
March 19, 2015 08:01PM
Hi,
do you access the PirateBox through the IP on the LAN port given by your home-router?
if yes, than that is your issue. The upload box is an iframe, which relies on a correct resolution of the name "pirateBox". As this name isn't known by your homerouter, the browser cant resolve and display the box with the error message.

Is that the situation you encounter?

regards Matthias
March 19, 2015 08:45PM
Hi Matthias
I am directly connected to my piratebox's wifi, so the problem can't come that way, at least I think so..
March 21, 2015 11:47AM
arthurpattee Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Matthias
> I am directly connected to my piratebox's wifi, so
> the problem can't come that way, at least I think
> so..

did you enter the IP directly?
if yes, then maybe you have a fixed DNS setting on your device?

This is only my signature.
March 22, 2015 11:17AM
Yeah I was obligated to because the captive portal doesn't work so well.. Like when I just tape a web site's adress it just load a blank page :/