Pi2 connection, browser redirect

Posted by gwapkov 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Pi2 connection, browser redirect
November 26, 2015 08:36PM
So, I followed the manual:diy for setting up the piratebox on my Raspberry Pi2 and I got it to broadcast the ssid and can connect to the PirateBox AP, receive an IP address and everything... I installed the Kareha image and everything according the the Post-Install section of the manual install. What is the next step to get the browser to redirect when connected to the AP?
Re: Pi2 connection, browser redirect
November 28, 2015 10:24AM
Can you verify the dns resolution is working correctly?
can you ping piratebox.lan? (pointing to 192.168.77.1 )
can you ping google.com? (pointing to 192.168.77.1 )

Matthias

This is only my signature.
November 30, 2015 04:01PM
I don't think it is... I am getting the lighttpd placeholder page. I have been able to get the pages to work if I move the html files to the /var/www folder... It should be running off the piratebox folder, shouldn't it?

The shoutbox doesn't work if I do this... I can also upload the files, but am unable to access them from the webpage...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2015 04:35PM by gwapkov.
December 02, 2015 10:36AM
I was able to get it to work. I reinstalled the Piratebox using Wheezy this time. I had previously been trying it with Jessie. I don't know if those are directly correlated, but It worked this time. smiling smiley