Manual configuration of Debian image, problems with dnsmasq ; was Pi Zero

Posted by stylesuxx 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Manual configuration of Debian image, problems with dnsmasq ; was Pi Zero
January 13, 2016 07:55PM
root with password root does not work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 06:36AM by Matthias.
Re: Pi Zero
January 12, 2016 09:53AM
Jon,
After running 'sudo pacman -Syu' how were you able to log back in? User root now gives me "access denied"
January 14, 2016 02:41AM
Nope. I ended up going the Raspbian Jessie light route and have it set up but dnsmasq if now failing to start and wont hand out IPs.

However I did find this in /etc/dnsmasq.conf which isnt covered in the tutorials
# Uncomment this to enable the integrated DHCP server, you need
# to supply the range of addresses available for lease and optionally
# a lease time. If you have more than one network, you will need to
# repeat this for each network on which you want to supply DHCP
# service.
dhcp-range=192.168.0.50,192.168.0.150,12h
January 14, 2016 06:31AM
Please don't mix up the topics here. This is about Zero Support. I'm splitting the topic now.

The problems about handing out IP addresses is more like a missmatch between automatically configuration, the dnsmasq config in piratebox.conf and on which configuration your dnsmasq works on. (remember to disable the system service, as PirateBox fires it's own during script start)

This is only my signature.
Re: Manual configuration of Debian image, problems with dnsmasq ; was Pi Zero
January 14, 2016 11:39AM
You can actually delete this thread if you want. After I did a 'pacman -Syu' I couldn't login via ssh root:root but could still log in via serial root:root.
Re: Manual configuration of Debian image, problems with dnsmasq ; was Pi Zero
January 14, 2016 07:36PM
Alright, I just ran into the same problem. After an update, the sshd config was updated and root login was no longer allowed. Could still login with alarm//alarm though.