Can't SSH as root on Pi Zero W & Other Problems

Posted by RagedElimanator 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Can't SSH as root on Pi Zero W & Other Problems
January 13, 2018 06:25PM
So there are two users with piratebox there is alarm and root. I can sign into both with no hassle if I connect a keyboard to it but when I try to SSH from my phone to the Pi Zero W with root@192.168.77.1 or root@alarmpi doesn't work while the alarm user works just fine. I have changed the passwords on both users several times to make sure it wasn't human error that subjected myself to be unable to jump in as root but based upon my trials it has to be something else that's bothering it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 08:45PM by RagedElimanator.
Re: Can't SSH as root on Pi Zero W
January 13, 2018 07:55PM
Root User is deactivated for login via SSH per default for security reasons.
Re: Another Problem
January 14, 2018 08:47PM
I also have some weird issue where clicking to browse a file to select does nothing meaning I can't select any file to upload to the piratebox. Is there anything that could possibly cause this because I didnt extend my sdcard because I noticed people were having issues with the kahera board not loading and I had the same issue in my previous installation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 08:48PM by RagedElimanator.
Re: Another Problem
January 15, 2018 04:23AM
AFAIK, The browse button has only on the client side an effect.
On iOS you can't really upload files beside of pictures.