Raspberry Pi 3 - Problem with wifi network not showing

Posted by cgouache 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Raspberry Pi 3 - Problem with wifi network not showing
January 18, 2018 05:25PM
Hello,
I tried checking if this issue was raised before but I did not find any answer so here is my problem:
I have a Piratebox set up on Raspberry Pi 3 and I'm using a SDCard. I set up everything and used it for some time and then I did not use it for several months. When I try reusing it now, it does not show any wifi network anymore... I don't have any Piratebox wifi signal which I used to have, I can not therefore connect to it.
I tried checking if the piratebox software was ok and when connecting a screen and keyboard to my piratebox it seemed to me to be still running fine (meaning I have the classic menu screen that I used to have).
Would this issue be due to some updates that I need to do ? Can the wifi system of my Raspberry be dead (I only use my piratebox on very rare occasions...).
Thank you for your help
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 - Problem with wifi network not showing
January 18, 2018 06:19PM
Hi,
PirateBox is designed to self-destruct after a while... sorry just joking.

Strange behavior, if you used the onboard wifi before, it should work. Yes, a pacman -Syu can have negative effect on the box, but the hostap/wifi AP is less likely the issue.

You can try to run PirateBox via ethernet on your homenetwork, ssh into the box and gather some output of

sudo systemctl status piratebox
sudo systemctl restart piratebox
sudo journalctl -n 100

Thanks,
best regards Matthias
Hey! @cgouache

Did you manage to fix this problem?

I am facing exactly the same issue. Didn't use the piratebox ras-pi for a while, and now the network does not show...sad smiley
Re: Raspberry Pi 3 - Problem with wifi network not showing
February 07, 2019 08:42AM
Same request: Please post the output from the commands listed above