Rpi zero w Anyone having trouble. This worked for me.

Posted by Signul 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Rpi zero w Anyone having trouble. This worked for me.
February 28, 2019 11:45PM
Hey guys figured I'd share my success in hopes someone having trouble setting up their piratebox. I couldn't for the life of me figure out ssh on my mac. What did work tho was downloading juiceshh on android. You can easily get it off of Google play store. I flashed the newest version of piratebox on an sd card and popped it into a fresh rpi zero w. Then on the android with juicessh installed open juicessh. On the home screen click connections and then click add. Under adress type 192.168.77.1 . Then under username type alarm. Then click the check mark in the top corner and you should be good to go. BEFORE you try and connect make sure you open your wifi and connect the your poratebox. It'll say something like "piratebox share freely. Now you can connect. You'll be asked to enter a password and username. Use "alarm" for both. Now your in and follow the instructions on the terminal. Hope this helps someone out. The password and username is what got me. I couldn't find anywhere telling me to use "alarm" as pass and username. I just happen to try it after trying everything else I could think of.

Oh yeah. Once your all done sudo nano /opt/piratebox/conf/piratebox.conf if you want to change your wifi name. Just replace the "pirate box share freely" with what you want.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2019 11:55PM by Signul.
Re: Rpi zero w Anyone having trouble. This worked for me.
March 11, 2019 07:22PM
Well, the howto says pretty clear

Password: alarm
March 13, 2019 10:23PM
Sorry I'm stubborn sometimes with directions. Also I was a little excited. I was more so having trouble with my mac. I kept getting a warning "remote host identification has changed" when trying to ssh. Thanks for the work you guys do.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2019 10:27PM by Signul.
March 14, 2019 06:39PM
This happens after a reflash. You need to remove the key entry of your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file

For Mac: [borderless-learning.com]