noob pulling his hair out.

Posted by winston61 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
noob pulling his hair out.
March 20, 2019 08:02PM
As the subject like states, I am a green noob trying to install pirate on my raspberry pi. I've bitten off more than I can chew. I've tried putty and advanced ip finder to ssh into my pi. I cannot get any consistency with my installation. Today it would not recognize the mouse. After thinking I've logged in, the system will ask me for Alarmpi password again and again. Aside from going back to university,how can I build up my Linux skills? I am giving up on piratebox for now.
Re: noob pulling his hair out.
March 21, 2019 10:00AM
Download a couple linux VM's and play around. There's lots of linux help in the web.

Raspberry Pi Desktop ISO <-- Raspbian is great for noobs.
Re: noob pulling his hair out.
March 21, 2019 11:25AM
It's pretty easy once you figure it out. Connect to the pirate box thru wifi and open a terminal and shh "alarm@192.168.77.1" to the box. The password is "alarm" from that point your prompted with directions on setting you're device up. It's extremely simple. Just relax and give it another shot. I posted something recently on getting mine to work in the sub forum. If you have problems post here. I'll check it for a response.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2019 11:38AM by Signul.