Where is the systog file? I need to grep my cron entries.

Posted by jimmydnet 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Where is the systog file? I need to grep my cron entries.
April 20, 2019 11:34AM
I'm kinda new to Piratebox but have had sucess installing it on my Raspberry Pi Zero W. My goal is to have it act like a NAS/sFTP server when at home and then swith to full Piratebox mode when I am away from the home network.

I have sucessfully been able to

- Deploy and get the image running.
- Enable temporary client mode and SSH in from my network when on my AP.
- I can sFTP files up to the box while in TCM. (Permissions are a bugger but I have it working)
- Rebooted the machine and it goes back into Piratebox mode.
- All Piratebox features work.
- I have written a bash script that scans for SSIDS and if it sees my home SSID it triggers client mode
- There is rudementry logic in the script that looks for running services etc but it is very rudementy.
- The test script works and the next test is to add it to the crontab and see if it works at that level.

and here is where my issue is, cron isn't running the script. I need to start troubleshooting this but have no clue where the syslog or cron log is on this build?

Where is the systlog file? I need to grep my cron entries.

Thank you for the help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2019 11:35AM by jimmydnet.
Re: Where is the systog file? I need to grep my cron entries.
June 20, 2019 11:20AM
syslog is not stored between reboots. while being active, you might peek into "sudo journalctl"