Connecting a gprs module with a 4g sim to piratebox

Posted by abrarburk 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Now, this forum is in read-only mode. You find details Details hereContinue on /r/PirateBox
Connecting a gprs module with a 4g sim to piratebox
May 07, 2019 02:01PM
Hello!
Now I know this is pretty much opposite to the point of piratebox, but I have this use case wherein, I need the content that is being locally uploaded to the piratebox, to sync up to a website whenever the piratebox receives a decent internet network.

It's important to understand the context. We built atop the piratebox to create a 'local network' for villages in rural India, so that people can share and consume information locally, with each other. This has been set up in multiple villages, and ofcourse, the information shared on each box is accessible only to people from that same village. Now in rural parts of the country internet connectivity is fluctuating, but it is there none the less. We were hoping to build in some mechanism into the box that, whenever the connectivity is there, then send the local data to a website, which would consolidate all the data being sent from the various different villages.

So, anyone have any idea how I could go about doing this? Or where I should start looking? I don't have a clue. I have seen a lot of projects that use the gprs module with the pi, but while using the raspian os. How does one even start interfacing a gprs module with the piratebox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abrar
update garmin gps
October 01, 2019 12:32PM
Thanks for sharing valuable blog it helps in my project. If you want any technical support for update garmin gps then contact us.